Apply for SPCAA Services Online
Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) Processing Delays
Due to the overwhelming demand for utility assistance, processing time will take longer. Please continue to pay your bill so that your services are not disconnected, and make payment arrangements with your utility provider as needed. Clients will be notified when their application is received and processed by South Plains Community Action, Inc.
In order to complete your application and receive services, the following documentation is required. Documents can be scanned and uploaded using a desk scanner, or by taking clear pictures of the documents with a phone or tablet
If your application is incomplete due to missing one of the following documents, your application will take longer to process.
The following documents are needed to process your service request.
1. Citizenship or Immigration Status documentation for each member of the household, including:
• U.S. Passport
• U.S. Birth Certificate issued by the State Bureau of Vital Statistics.
• Certificate of Naturalization or U.S. Citizenship.
• U.S. American Indian or Alaska Native Tribal enrollment or membership card with photo.
• Immigration Status-Permanent Resident Card / Resident Alien Card or similar Immigration Documents.
• *** If you do not have any of the documents above, please call the office for other acceptable documents***
2. Proof of Identity for each member of the household, including:
• For anyone 18 years of age and older- Valid Government issued photo ID such as a Driver’s License or Military ID
• For anyone under 18 years of age- Identity can be verified by the parents information on the birth certificate. If child does not live with birth parents, the following documents may be submitted to verify identity: shot records, school records, insurance cards, social security card.
• ** If you do not have any of the documents above, please call the office for other acceptable documents**
3. Proof of any type of earned or unearned income received in the past 30 days for all household members.
• Employment wages (all check stubs for weekly, bi-weekly or monthly wages for the last 30 days.
• Self-Employment income and expense receipts for last 30 days.
• Social Security / Supplemental Security Income (SSI) award letter for 2020 (bank statements will not be accepted)
• Unemployment benefit or workers compensation statement of benefits.
• Private Pension Documents for 2020.
• VA Retirement / Disability for 2020.
• Child Support Statement or current payment listing form from Attorney General’s Office.
• Any other income received in the last 30 days
4. If household a household member age 18 or older has not received any income in the last 30 days, or does not have complete proof of income for the entire last 30 days, you must complete the Declaration of Income statement:
• Declaration of Income
5. Current utility bills for electric and gas, or disconnection notice:
Applications will not be processed without the required documents listed above. Due to increased volume of applications, please allow up to 15 days for processing.
If you have all of your documentation gathered together and are ready to start the online application, Click here.
Eligibility Requirements for Utility Assistance Program
• Participants must be a resident of Bailey, Cochran, Crosby, Dickens, Floyd, Garza, Hale, Hockley, King, Lamb, Lynn, Motley, Terry, or Yoakum counties.
• ***Weatherization assistance is available to Lubbock County in addition to the counties listed above***
• Participants must meet the income requirements according to the Federal Income Guidelines.
Applications will be processed in the order received. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Assistance is subject to availability of funding.