Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS) provides home and community-based services to people with related conditions as a cost-effective alternative to placement in an intermediate care facility. (A related condition is a disability, other than mental retardation, that originated before age 22 and that affects the ability to function in daily life.)
Community Living Assistance and Support Services
- Assistance with Activites of Daily Living
- Skilled Nursing Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Psychological Services
- Adaptive Aids
- Home Modifications
- Habilitation Training
- Specialized Therapies
Requirements for Eligibility and Financial Guidelines:
- Must meet Medicaid eligibility via SSI or traditional Medicaid Program.
- Must have incurred disability prior to age 22 to be eligible.
- Typical disabilities include cerebral palsy, spina bifida, muscular dystrophy, autism, spinal cord and traumatic brain injuries.
- Must have exhausted Private Insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, Vocational Rehab, ISD Special Education, and Medicaid Comprehensive Care Program (CCP) prior to using CLASS program to pay for services these entities provide.
To Request Services
To apply for services, call DHS toll-free 1-877-438-5658. Please be prepared to provide Social Security and Medicaid numbers, type of disability, the age of the onset of the disability, date of birth, address, and telephone number of the person to be placed on the interest list.
CLASS Program Contact
1946 Ave. Q, 2nd Floor
Lubbock, Texas 79423