Primary Health Care Program
The Texas Department of State Health Services helps fund nearly 155 clinic sites across the state that provide prevention and early intervention of health problems. The Primary Health Care Program (PHC) serves women, children, and men whose income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) and who are unable to access the same care through insurance or other programs.
- diagnosis and treatment;
- emergency medical services;
- family planning services;
- preventive health services;
- health education; and
- laboratory, x-ray, nuclear medicine, or other appropriate diagnostic services.
For an individual to receive PHC services, three (3) criteria must be met:
- Texas resident;
- Gross family income at or below 200% of the adopted Federal Poverty Level (FPL); and
- Not a beneficiary of other non-DSHS programs/benefits providing the same services.